Logixpro PLC Simulator - Exercise 7-18B: Assistance Needed =)

Pish

Hi,

I am taking a PLCs class toward an assoc. degree in MET.
I am working on Exercise 7-18B in the
Programmable Logic Controllers (third edition) Lab Manual and having some difficulty with the logic.

The exercise states:

Modify the original program so there is a 2-s period when both directions will have their red lights illuminated. Use additional timers TON_T4:4 and TON_T4:5 to implement this change.

I attached a jpeg of my logic thus far. I have timers TON_T4:4 and TON_T4:5 inserted into my logic but am not quite sure where to place them as well additional logic to correctly get my lights to function as stated above.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time =)

7-18B.jpg

The timers that turn on the green lights now have to be changed to your new timers, hence the timers that did turn on the green light now have to turn on the extended red light time.
Notice your time base. You have some very fast acting stop lights.
Please document your timers. Do it as you add it.
P.S. (T4:0/EN [ ] and T4:0/DN [/]) is the same thing as one T4:0/TT [ ]

Last edited:
I'll also make the suggestion that you make a diagram of you light outputs. "Professor Bill" has on in his student exercises. If you'll make the timing diagram you can see exactly how many timers you need, how long each of them comes on, and the sequence order to put them in. Don't try to do this in your head! Making a diagram will work...and it has been my experience that if you can't make the diagram, you'll not be able to get the timer sequence correct either....at least not by yourself.

Michael

Thank you both =) I am going to work on it and see what I can come up with. Your suggestions and direction are very helpful!