Siemens MP270.

vernon1

Hi all, I have an existing application using a Siemens MP270 that has failed.The MP270 is connected to an S7300 over profibus. I want to try and run the MP270 application on a standard windows XP PC with a Siemens interface card installed ( CP5611 ),part number 6KG1561-1AA00. Please can anybody advise if this is possible, and what the required steps would be to achieve this.

Regards.

Shaun.

If you have the original Protool project, and Protool Pro CS software, then you can actually do this.

When you start the runtime from within Protool, it will attempt to go online via the set S7ONLINE access point in Set PG/PC Interface utility.
You can operate all the keys on the "MP270" as if it was a real MP270.

You can also make it a more permanent solution by converting the MP270 project to a PC RT project.

If you dont have the original protool project, then forget it.

Hi Jesper, I have original source code and also Protool pro ver 6 sp2. What is the CS version you mentioned? I would like to make this permanent.

Regards.

"CS" is for "Configuring Software" as opposed to "RT" for "Runtime".
So you have all you need.

Use the Convert function in Protool to convert it to a PC RT.
A couple of hints:
You will probably get prettier result if you decide to NOT "Smooth graphics" under the Convert Preferences.
The K keys of the MP270 do not get mapped to the F1-F12 keys of the PC RT.

You will need a runtime license for Protool RT. If it is just for testing, then it will work without a license, only a nagscreen will appear every now and then.