Major WinCC Flex licence problem

orense

Hello,

I have a problem with my 2007 WinCC Flexible licence.

On my pc I have Simatic 5.4 Step7, Protool v6.0 SP 2 and Flexible.

Earlier this week I got some problems with running Protool, but I did not bother because I rarely use it anymore.

Today I was working with flexible and suddenly I got bluescreen of death and the pc rebooted.

Problem is that after it booted there was a message that there was no licence anymore.
I went into Licence Manager and it told med that the licence was corrupted and defected.

I borrowed another from my colleague. I am heading to Cape Town on Tuesday so flexible/simatic working is quite crucial.

But when I tried to delete the defected one, the manager told me that it could not be used because it was in use at the present time. I tried to transfer it also, but got the same message.
I do not take the chance of trying to overwrite it whatever, because I do not want to loose any licence which is okay.

Has anybody been in this situation before?
I do not know what to do. If nothing here I probably has to contact Siemens....

Thank you for any suggestions...

Andreas

I had an experience where I got those messages, "No valid License Key was found", "License Key in use", and "License key is corrupt." I tried the procedure in FAQ 15293567 from the Siemens web site, but it did not help me. Maybe it will help you. I used a procedure with the Siemens hotline where I got a number from the Automation License Manager and they told me an activation number to type in. It was actually a pretty quick process to get me running again. I hope this helps.