Factory Talk View ME Recipes

kupeyy

Hello,

I'm using Factory Talk View ME. I'm quite familiar with it, although I've never used it's recipe function. I've read thorough the manuals and call Allen Bradley Tech support with little help. I'm quite confused as to how it works and I'm hoping for some assistance from someone.

First bit of confusion: I want to develop a format where the operator can create, edit, and save a recipe file. That file will consist of multiple steps and each step will have new set point values. When a step changes, I want the HMI to recall the new values for each set point that corresponds to the new step. Once in a register somewhere I will move that data where I want it. My question is I don't know how to relate what I'm talking about doing, to the recipe setup window in the application editor.

This brings me to my next bits of confusion. When you go to setup a recipe, there is an Ingredient tab which I am assuming that each ingredient is each set point I want to change. The next tab is Units where I can setup a Data Set and a Tag set. I can't find much on what they are anywhere.

I'm hoping that I can setup each set point and have a PLC tag for each only once rather than for every set point in every step. For instance if I have 10 set points and 10 steps I'm hoping I don't need 100 separate tags?

Hopefully once I understand what a data set and a tag set is, this will make more sense to me.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,[FONT=&quot][/FONT]