Red Lion Crimson G3

matthew09

I would like to display a user manual on my G3 display. I am thinking of storing the manual in a text format on a flash card and displaying the manual on a page or number of pages. I can see that this could be achieved by creating images of the manual, but this seems a less than desirable approach. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Crimson has a File Viewer primitive that you can use to display text or csv files from the flash card. User can select the file to be viewed. I have used it before to view data logs--it is rudimentary but it works.

I wouldn't totally discount the idea of using images of the manual pages. Taking screenshots of a PDF file would keep all of the original formatting. You'd have to try a few to see how they look--remember the G3 is only 256 colors.

The G315 currently allows you to view a PDF that is stored on the CF card. The other existing units do not have the processing power or memory to handle rendering a PDF file. You can access this primitive by clicking Insert-System-PDF Viewer.

Regards,
Dan

The G315 currently allows you to view a PDF that is stored on the CF card. The other existing units do not have the processing power or memory to handle rendering a PDF file. You can access this primitive by clicking Insert-System-PDF Viewer.
Hi Dan,
Is this feature included in C3? i only see options for CSV,TXT & LOG files?

Thanks Steve