Resetting Digital Input module automatically from RS Logix 5000

hasan_ali

Dear,
I am having Point I/O connected to the control Logix on ethernet network. When i restore power of point I/O any one or more than one of the digital input cards of point I/O remain on fault. Then i reset them either by plugging out and plugging back in or reset button in its configuration in RS Logix 5000. I like that when there is communication re-establishment it should automatically reset all the digital input modules.I would like to know how can i reset digital input card from RS Logix 5000 automatically (will SSV command work or any other status command would be used to do this)?

What's the model # of the point I/O you are using...

The reason I ask is that each 1734 module has varying methods that you can configure for fault behavior and auto recovery.

Last edited:
Maybe try the message instruction. If you use CIP Generic as the Message Type then you can choose Device Reset in the Service Type.

I have used the SSV to inhibit the module and then remove the inhibit. Not sure if that would do the trick for you though.

OG