off delay relay

jimtech67

Does any one know of an off delay timer where the off delay operation is fully mechanical. A regular time delay relay will not fit my application because you need constant power supplied the relay to make the off delay work. I found Agastat Electro-pneumatic relays but my customer requires 2 options. Is there another company that makes something similar. I looked high and low and have not found a second option.

GO JETS

Since you've already searched high and low this may not be any help but, punch "pneumatic timer" into Google and see what you come up with.

Why Mechanical?

Allen-Bradley makes a pneumatic timer add-on for their 700-P relay, which will provide a mechanical power off time delay. The model number of the timer is 700-PT.

Several manufacturers, including Allen-Bradley and Omron, make an electronic power off timer. A capacitor in the timer provides power to keep the relay energized after the relay power has been removed. They usually have a minimum on time to ensure the capacitor is fully charged. The DC operated relays also have a high inrush current until the capacitor charges. The part number of the A-B relay is 700-HRQ and they are available with up to 12 minutes time delay.

As Vic said, you can use an electrical off timer which stores the necessary charge in a capacitor. I used one last week ranging from 0.5 - 10 seconds, but you can get different delay times. This did not require a furter supply to perform the off delay.

I think you can get them from :-

http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.asp?FN=677.pdf

I got mine from Rs Components in the UK.

I hope this helps

FMG

Mechanical time delay relays use a pneumatic bleed thru an orifice as a timing mechanism. A google search for "pneumatic timing relay" will yield a lot of alternates. However most of these have short, less than 10 minutes, timing ranges. Agastat timers have models that time for longer.

An electrical alternative is a "True-Off delay" timer, that use a capacitor to hold the output relay energized for the set time. Most have a maximum time of 10 minutes. I ran across one that uses an internal battery and has a 100 minute time period. Google "true off delay timer" for alternatives.

Square-D Class 8501, Type X relays (NEMA type) have pneumatic timers available, same as Agastat.

Thanks everyone. I did some more research with help from “you all” and found what I want. I never used the True off delay timers. They are what I need. Thanks again.

Go JETS