micrologix1000

keesoon

Hi To All: i got a micrologix 1000 PLC 1761-AWA Series E FRN 1.0 using RSlogix500 VER 7.00 and RSlinx Clasic VER 2.50 activated to profesional

all working fine till I try to download a modification
(change TON for ROT and add a reset)
the red fault light is on all the time and I can't see the PLC on rs who I got a red X on PLC node

there is any way can clear the fault and recover the PLC or do I nedd send the unit to factory
the logic in prosesor memori is not a issue I got the original

change TON for ROT and add a reset
Do you mean "RTO"? That should not have faulted the processor though.

Have you tried to cycle power?

You might try this (see PDF below) but I think you have to have communication with RSLinx for it to work though.

What happens when you click on autoconfigure in RSLinx?

Post the file you are tryng to download and the one that worked.

Zip them first.

Last edited:
the customer requiremets are: 3 copresors to supply 600 PSI each one run to reach the pressure or for 30 min,if pressure is reached compresor stop and the next one is ready for run or if presure not reached the first compresor stop and the next one run to reach presure.
I create the logic up to 6 copresors each one got a enable switch so the costume can select which compresors they want to use a dryer delay is add to prevent dryer to stop/start evry time that one compresor not reache pressure and the next one start.
an ALARMS routin is add to alert costumer of low or hi presure
and still on development the rest of alarms

HMMM?
You set this Bit
From RSlogix help files

"Deny Future Access S:1/14
(OEM Lock) Setting this bit allows you to protect proprietary algorithms. The protection takes effect only after the program is downloaded to a controller. The protection prohibits online monitoring of the processor program unless a matching copy of the online processor program is resident on the terminal hard disk. For more information about this protection, click here."

"Allow Future Access (OEM Lock Protection)
This protection feature prevents unauthorized changes to your program by requiring that the program in the controller is the same as the one in a programming device. A check in this box (default) allows future access to the program files. The files can be uploaded and viewed even if there is not a copy of the file on disk. The absence of a check in this box protects proprietary programs from being uploaded and viewed if the user does not already have a copy of the file on disk. The file must be downloaded to the processor for this feature to be effective. This protection is available with all processors."

The other thing I see is your processor's comm port is set for DF1 protocol. You are using a 1747-UIC to communicate. The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter. The porcessor's comm port needs to be set to DH485 protocol to use the UIC.
Your Ml1000 ( if it's a series "D" or greater will auto detect the protocol that's trying to communicate with it and change itself in order to communicate. But this is not a permanent change.
My guess is that the last thing that happens during a download is the port configuration which is DF1. After the change RSLinx is losing comm, that's why you see the red X.
Try shutting down RSLinx restart and see if you can connect then. Do not click on autoconfigure with the UIC. If you get connected, change the comm port to DH485 if you are going to continue to use the UIC.
If you want to use DF1 protocol then you will need a USB to Serial adapter ( Brand name "Keyspan" is a good one)

Last edited:
Mike the prosesor is a series E and mi lap top got a serial port (dell latitude 600) so I try bot protocols all ready DH485 and DF-1 and sill can't see the prosesor

the idea of using Deny Future Access S:1/14 is to prevent that the costumer can't see the logic untill they relase the pay check then I can give them a copy of the program

HMM? Just curious if you have a real serial port why were you using the UIC?

Assuming you have the proper cable ( for real serial port ) 1761-CBL-PM02
and the DF1 driver click autocongigure and it still does not work. And the processor still faulted. Then quite possibly there something wrong with the processor.
Your program change should not have done that.

Last edited:
Mike :I agree whit you that is the prosesor because I download the program to anoder PLC and is runing god
I well send this one to my AB supplier for reposition or waranty
TANSK for all the replays and I well keep posting if any new or if I can fix the problem