Omron C200HS Power

Maxbeers

I have a C200HS-CPU01 this has the Power supply and CPU in the same module.
My first question is: Should the power light turn on when 120 VAC is supplied?
My last question is: Is there an upgrade path without having to buy a whole new system?

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, there is a jumper on the power supply screw terminals to select 120 or 240. Jumper ON = 120, Jumper Off = 240. Either way the power LED should be on.

The power supply can be repaired by Omron or others.
You can replace the C200HS with a C200H Alpha (C200HG, C200HE, C200HX) by replacing the backplane and CPU, and adding a power supply, as that is now separated on the C200H Alpha series for the exact reason that you are seeing.

The better long term 'upgrade' is to upgrade to a CS1.