RS Logix language

RS logix language is the old style ladder logic
While I agree that an available language on most of the Allen Bradley controllers is Ladder Logic. I do not characterize it as "old style". This and other control languages as noted by Mickey should better be characterized as 'more appropriate' or 'less appropriate' for a given control situation.

A cam on a shaft may be the best control structure for a given situation. English would be an 'less appropriate' language while in Paris. We use the best tool available for a situation.

[Edit: Looking back on the original post I may have wrongly taken the 'old style' characterization as deprecatory. It may instead only have been a recognition of its having been established as a control language for a longer time than the new upstarts.]

Last edited:
Hello, Weisengle,

What would you want in the place of RSLogix ladder logic?

The hammer has been around for hundereds of years, maybe thousands. In the meantime there have been many tools invented to replace it, such as staplers, nail guns, screw guns, and so on. Still if you go to a constuction site, every carpenter will have a hammer in his tool box.

Do you throw out all your old tools just because somebody invents a new one?

SFC Programming Using RSLogix5000 Quick Tutorial

Hello everyone. I am curious, right now it seems that this RS logix language is the old style ladder logic. Is this true?

Here is a short video on SFC Programming using a ControlLogix PLC. ControlLogix uses RSLogix5000 software and can handle 5 different programming languages. It just depends which one you are more comfortable with.

Link: http://youtu.be/q9_xiqnZvNs

This vid mentions all 5, but it concentrates on SFC.

pdext šŸ‘ØšŸ»ā€šŸ«

Last edited:
Ok fair enough. It supports 4 of 5. The point is that RSLogix5000 one of the most powerful that can support most of them.

pdext

Didn't mean to distract from the point of this thread. I use SFC all the time on ControlLogix. It works great. But I posted just for accuracy.

At least a few finally showed some interest! If we depended on original posters to keep threads alive, this site would have died long ago.

Why do you hate it? It means that you are still alive and kicking. Some have died since this thread started.