1746-nio4v termocouple

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi To All
I have a slc 500 5/04 processor AB. With that I'm using a 1746-NIO4V Analog i/o Card.
I have a project that needs to reed temp of a tunnel with a type J termocouple, and output will give a proportional 4-20ma to a electronic to paneumatic 3-20psi proportional transduser.

Any idea if i can use the 1746-NOI4V to reed the type J themocouple, if so how do i configure. If not what other Input Card can I use to reed a TC J input.
Thanks for You help.

The 1746-NOI4V will not accept thermocouple inputs. FYI this card is voltage output.

You can buy a thermocouple input card if you want. ( 1746-NT)
But if you only have one input or already have the 1746-NOI4V card then a temperature transmitter makes more sense to me. See link below for one brand. There are many,many more brands to chose from.

http://www.miinet.com/products/sg_temperature.shtml

Last edited:
Do you have the instruction sheet?

I learned the hard way TC make excellant antenna and will pick up EMI and screw up everything. I had it next to heaters. Make darn double sure you do not run TC near power cabling and in my mind put TC in a conduit not only for the shielding but for ease in replacement.

Dan Bentler

Hi Mickey. is the 1746scNI8u an Allen Bradlay Card?????

Card is made by Spectrum Controls ( don't know who actually manufactures it). They are a Rockwell Automation Global Encompass partner.
See first line on the link provided in previous post.