Keyence to Siemens

Don Know

Has anybody worked with setting up communication between a Keyence camera system (we might use a CV-5002P) and a Siemens S7-300, or 400 PLC.
As far as I understand Keyence only has 2 options: Ethernet or RS-232. So on the Siemens side, my options are Ethernet CP or RS-232.
I only want to send 1 floating point value. Communication speed is of an essence since camera detection, and sending of the message to the PLC need to happen within 100ms.
Does anybody know of Profibus interfaces with Keyence?
PLC logic to interface over ethernet or RS232 with Keyence?
Any info is appreciated.
D.

What protocols are supported on these serial and ethernet ports ?

If the serial port supports ASCII or Modbus RTU, it is possible to add a serial interface to the S7 that support these protocols.

If the ethernet port supports Modbus TCP, then there is a Siemens library for this.

To interface with a Siemens PLC is much easier if the vision system supports Profibus or Profinet.