Lost window in wincc flexible 2008

dean_ham

A simple question for you guys :)

I have opened up a project in wincc flexible 2008 and usually when you click on an object. The "object window" appears at the bottom with the properties of that object.

For some reason this is now blank and does not look anything like it used to previously. Some other user on this laptop must have disabled something.

I have been looking through help files on wincc and have been scratching my head for a few hours now why the properties of the object is not coming up.

Example below :-

noobjectproperties.jpg

This is also the case in other projects and not only this project. Which must mean a problem with wincc setting. Just have no idea what setting it would be.

Your help is much appreciated.

Dean
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/861/noobjectproperties.jpg

It is the "properties" window you are after, not the "objects" window.
Try CTRL+SHIFT+X.
If that does not work, then go to Options .. Settings .. Workbench .. User interface layout. Use the Reset Layout button.

Yes jesper tried both of them with no avail :(

The objects window is up as you can see at the bottom of the screenshot.
Tried the reset layout, it did not work.

I can see a re-install of wincc coming up now.... not getting anywhere.

It is possible that the Properties window is dragged somewhere, or minimized, or both.
Try to close the Objects window. The Properties window may be hidden underneath.

Yes jesper i have closed all windows nothing hiding no where.

I tried the ctrl+shift+x doesnt do anything.

This is a screenshot from the help file.

prob2.jpg

This is a sceenshot from my laptop.

prob1w.jpg

As you can see i am missing the general tab with the object properties.

Arghhhhhh !! :)

Hi, try this

1. if you select a button or other object
2. then make sure your cursor is over it with a four way arrow showing
3. Right click and the last option should be properties.

If Reset layout doesn't work,i'd phone siemens manchester and see if they can help.

If you do uninstall then make sure you run the cleanup tool on the install DVD to make sure it is gone completely.

Try open a command prompt.
Then go to the WinCC Flexible 2008 program directory.
Then type
HMIES -RESET <enter>

It is not the same "reset" as the other reset.

Go here and upgrade the WinCC Flexible 2008 to SP1+HF2.
I think this is your problem.
Sometimes when the screen has lots of grafics, they just disapear.
https://support.automation.siemens....cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=36540041&caller=nl

Thank you nonuke, in the end this was the problem. Installed the hotfix 2 and i now have the properties tab.

For some reason alot of the selections were missing before installing the hotfix. Like when STL said to right click on the object and select properties, i had no properties selection to select.

Now after installing the hotfix i now have properties when right clicking on a button and when going to view i now have properties ctrl + alt + x option where i did not have this before the hotfix.

93411769.jpg

Thanks guys!