Adding a New Module / Revision - Missing Somthing Obvious

Aviator|Chris

Hi all,

I did this before but can't remember how.

I've downloaded the EDS for 1769-OB32T module Rev 3.1 from Rockwell.

I have all versions of Logix 5000 installed from 12 up to 17 if i remember the load screen correctly, quite a few versions anyway.

I used the Hardware Tool in RSLinx to install and verify the EDS file. This was successful.

I rebooted but the file hasn't appeared for use in Logix5000 modules list. Do new versions ever appear here or am I missing something between finishing the hardware tool and wanting to use it in Logix5000.

Cheers. :geek:

EDS file will not help you to have the module in the selection list of your RSLogix 5000 I/O configuration... this will just give you the possibility to *see* the module through RSLinx / RSNetworx.... :cool:

You will need to use a Generic Profile, configured as you may see in the attached screenshot.
See the Installation Instructions starting at page 16 to understand Module data files.

Hope this helps,

- [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/FONT]

ob32t.JPG

Last edited:
Right now I'm finding an Add-On profile for these modules, this will make it more easy !

Here the LINK

The file is indicated in the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps,

- [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/FONT]

ob32t_00.JPG