Power supply in Modbus network

SORZOM

Hi Everybody!

Do we always need dedicated power supply in a Modbus network? I'm going to design a Modbus network comprising 15 slaves connected to a AB Micrologix 1100 and couldn't find enough info from Modbus.org and Mirologix manual to verify whether or not I need a separate power supply.

Thanks in advance,

The confusion came from Modbus manual (Ver. V1-02 available on Modbus.org) where it says the 5..24 VDC power supply is an optional electrical interface which may be added in a 2-wire Modbus network.

Similar Topics

I am looking for power supply that I can mount on vertical DIN rail, and when mount that way is =< 4" wide. this is what I have now.... this is...
Replies
Views
I have Rhino 120 to 24 dc power supply and it has 2 Positive and 2 negative terminals on the DC side but no ground terminal. Should I connect one...
Replies
Views
We've still got a ton a PLC 5's installed and running. We lost a 1771-P7 Series B power supply. There are a lot of 1771-P7 series D power...
Replies
Views
Long ago, it was often a customer spec to always use a transformer for isolation of the control circuit from the rest of the equipment. For 24vdc...
Replies
Views
Im trying to make my own DIY ControlLogix power supply and have had some success, but not every module powers up. I am using 4 seperate power...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom