WinCC Flex start event

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I would like to run a script or set some points on start up. Is there an event? I cant seem to ind one and the run once event is asking for a time/date

If you have 2008 + SP1, then go to Options .. Settings .. Workbench .. Project View Settings, and select Display all items.
Then find the Alarm Management .. System Events in the project tree.
The system event 140000 is triggered upon connection to the CPU, I use it to run a startup script.

If the script must run really only once, then create an internal tag "StartedUp", and make two scripts.
The "StartUp" script contains the startup code.
The "Connected" script is triggered by event 140000 It contains code like this:
IF NOT SmartTags("StartedUp") THEN
StartUp 'runs the startup script
SmartTags("StartedUp") = TRUE
END IF

If you have 2008 + SP1, then go to Options .. Settings .. Workbench .. Project View Settings, and select Display all items.
Then find the Alarm Management .. System Events in the project tree.
The system event 140000 is triggered upon connection to the CPU, I use it to run a startup script.

Thanks Jesper,

I'll give that a go next time. To ensure that my startup scripts only run once I make the start screen as a splash screen that only displays once on startup and then move on to the project pages without any way back to the start screen.

Nick

Thanks Jesper,

I'll give that a go next time. To ensure that my startup scripts only run once I make the start screen as a splash screen that only displays once on startup and then move on to the project pages without any way back to the start screen.

Nick
Yes. That is one way to do it. The advantage with my method is that the connection to the PLC is active, which is normally not the case when the initial start screen is displayed. It may or may not be important for the application.

Thanks Jesper
I will do that. In my current application it is only HMI specific data but of course it may be useful to set plc points on a HMI restart so ty for the tip