looking for modbus data logger.

briana banks

Hi All

I'm looking for a computer/device that operates as a data logger that can be attached to a cabin front door. has 15 pin serial port for input and usb port for data extracting and configuration. Something that has already the operating system and the data logging software.
the device should be able to store data for 4 weeks continuously from many devices @ 1 sample/sec rate.

Thanx

Brianna

A Fluke Hydra data bucket will meet many of your needs
21 channel, will record down to one second and less, has software to interface with computer, download data via CSV file. I have two 1995 era.

Depending on # of sensors you may have a hard time getting 4 week storage. Why 4 weeks - can you download at more frequent interval?

I think I would call Fluke and see what they have.

Dan Bentler

I've been quite happy with the Logic Beach IntelliLogger for this kind of application...
http://www.logicbeach.com/intellilogger/intellilogger.html
Has serial (9-pin), USB, and CF card for data so you can put a 4 gig card in there.
Here's some math on your data rate.
10 devices * 10 bytes each device * 1 second = 100 bytes / sec
At that rate, your 4 Gig card will last 40 million seconds, or 66 days.

I've been quite happy with the Logic Beach IntelliLogger for this kind of application...
http://www.logicbeach.com/intellilogger/intellilogger.html
Has serial (9-pin), USB, and CF card for data so you can put a 4 gig card in there.

IntelliLogger looks suitable. usb for extracting data to pc and configuration. but i dont need the I/O channels.
The serial port for input on modbus protocol is enough.
I need to lower the cost as i need at least 10 such devices.