help me / rslinx32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex_cordova

i havde rslinx32, i need two know how to make a push button that i draged for the list they have on rsview32, and give it an adress that so i could push it with my mouse and make the input go on, in the plc !!!! i tried but have no idea

Well, there are several steps you'll need to take....

First, you will need to setup RSLinx and add the appropriate driver to talk to your PLC. Let's say you are talking serially and using the DF1 driver. Once you add that driver in Linx, configure it and make sure it is talking to the PLC. If you can go online with your programming software (eg RSLogix) then you are talking.

Now, Open RSView32 Works and create a new project. In the folder tree, open up the System folder. Double-Click on Channel. A popup window will appear that you will use to create a link to your RSLinx driver. Under the Network Type select DF1 (unless you are using DH+ or Ethernet, then select the appropriate). Once you do this, the listbox under Primary Communication Driver should be populated with the driver you added under linx. Select this. Leave everything else alone and click OK.

Now double click NODE. Select Direct Driver and in the Channel list box, select the channel you just created in the previous step. Give it a name that means something to you. Be sure to select the proper PLC type. Check the enabled box and then click Accept and close the window. (NOTE: Direct drivers only work for SLC and PLC5 type processors, not ControlLogix or CompactLogix. There you will need to use OPC, but I seem to remember from an earlier thread that you have a SLC).

You now have a link setup to talk to your PLC.

Now open up the Graphics Folder and double click on the Display icon to create a new display. Create a button in the display. A popup will appear. Click on the Action Tab. Select Momentary PB and in the tagname field type the name of a tag that means something...Like MyPushbutton. Click OK

Another popup will appear telling you the tag doesn't exist would you like to create it. Click Yes.

Another popup will appear for defining the tag. Leave the name the same as you typed. Under the type list, select Digital. Under the DataSource select Type Device. A new list box will appear. Select the Node you created before. In the Address box, type the address of your PLC Bit (like B3:0/0). Leave everything else along. Click OK

You now have a button tied to your PLC if you followed these steps carefully. If you are using ethernet or DataHighway, the steps are the same you just add those drivers to linx and configure them appropriately and then select them in the channel setup of Rsview32.

Last edited: