differents between FCs and FBs

FC's are best for calculation and logic that require no static memory or worth monitoring. Example: Finding the highest number or average of 3 numbers.
Value1
Value2
Value3

Temp1 = Value1 + Value2
Temp1 = Value3 + Temp1
Result = Temp1/3
Your not interested in the intermediate results etc.
This would be perfect for FC. I only do the simplest stuff in FC's. I use FB's probably 80% of the time.

If you need timers or other static data FB's are best. I do all my larger code sections in FB's. Multi-Instance FB's I use extensively. Very powerful and efficient.

Similar Topics

Hi friends, this is my first post in this forum. I am Implementing an application that works like this: I want use the RS-485 interface of...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Im working on a small project on TIA Portal, about establishing a Modbus TCP connection between my ET200SP plc and a socomec...
Replies
Views
Hello, can someone share/explain How to check comms between PC and PLC via TeamViewer? TIA
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can assist me with current issue I am experiencing with an ABB drive. Problem I’m experiencing is a ABB drive supply a large...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are using Rx3i CRU320 redundant PLC system and we noticed a discrepancy between Primary and Secondary controller. Couple of variables (DI)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom