S:5/8

gappvembe

Not sure what is causing this. It happens sporadically.
Is there any way I can program it to clear it automatically.
I added a first pass bit S:1/8 into LADDER 3, but that didn't do it.
Maybe a XIC with that value along with an Unlatch (OTU)to the S:5/8 address.
Or if I could rig up some kind of external push button reset, what would the programming look like.

o_O
THANKS.

Not sure what is causing this. It happens sporadically.
Is there any way I can program it to clear it automatically.
I added a first pass bit S:1/8 into LADDER 3, but that didn't do it.
Maybe a XIC with that value along with an Unlatch (OTU)to the S:5/8 address.
Or if I could rig up some kind of external push button reset, what would the programming look like.

o_O
THANKS.

from the help file:

Memory Module Loaded on Boot S:5/8

When this bit is set by the processor, it indicates that a memory module program has been transferred to the processor. This bit is not cleared by the processor.
Your program can examine the state of this bit on entry into the REM Run mode to determine if the memory module content has been transferred. Word S:1/15 will be set to indicate REM Run mode entry. This information is useful when you have an application that contains retentive data and a memory module that has only bit S:1/10 set (Load Memory Module on Memory error). Use this bit to indicate that retentive data has been lost. This bit is also helpful when using bits S:1/11 (Load Memory Module Always) or S:1/12 (Load Memory Module Always and Run) to distinguish a power up REM Run mode entry from REM Program (or REM Test) mode to REM Run mode entry.

XIC S:5/8 BST OTE N7:0/0 NXB OTU S:5/8 BND

Exchange N7:0/0 for any other address that you will use to trigger an alarm message "program was loaded from EPROM".

curlyandshemp
Thank you on the help file. I have read it before, I just didn't really digest it then.

Yes, this is pretty much what I was asking for. I place it in the program and see if it happens again.

About the alarm message thing, I really have no output for this to display on. It is a simple program 7 rungs on a MicroLogix 1000. No HMI.

Any idea what would cause this?

Recurring Fault 10-3-09.jpg

I don't think the EEPROM can go kind-of-bad. (This is where your retentive data is stored)

If it was bad it would be bad all the time.

I would bet that you are getting a power spike that is corrupting the EEPROM data.

This could be caused by turning the machine OFF then back ON too fast. Or if there is a bad actor somewhere in your system that is shorting the power supply.

Make sure you are getting clean power.

Back
Top Bottom