Factorytalk String Input

pikapp550

Does anyone know of a way to enable a string input on a factorytalk view screen from the PLC? Would like to add some barcode scanning to my application but I want the string input box to popup automatically without the operator having to hit a button.

Only way I know to make it pop up is with the {information} string but this has preset messages. you could always program a string input cursor and put the barcode in it - but to make it pop up..........

Does anyone know of a way to enable a string input on a factorytalk view screen from the PLC? Would like to add some barcode scanning to my application but I want the string input box to popup automatically without the operator having to hit a button.

Assign a Visibilty bit to the String Input . PLC code will enable the visibilty bit, causing the String Input to appear. You can then have a Save Push Button that is a bit to reset the visibilty in the PLC code

Thats Clever hadn't thought about that. I like the slogan had my bike stolen so now gotta work some more to ride to work. He He

Working with View ME, there is not a simple String Input Box, only the button you have to press to open the string input box, can make that visible but still need to simulate a button press with a macro or something triggered by a PLC tag.