1394 IMC S Class Compact Error

magicsmoke

Can someone help me out I'm getting a Setup Data Memory Fault I looked it up and I don't quite understand what's going on. How can the setup values change? I can re-download the program and reset and the fault goes away and then it comes back in a few day so far today I had to reset it 2 times. This never happened in the 7 years this has been in service. I just tried and lock the memory using the key have to see if it happens again. I'm open to any idea's thanks for the help.

Is it an S-Class or a 1394?

It seems (from ancient memory) that there is a battery, much like a PC clock backup battery on one of the main boards in an S-Class...not sure about the 1394.

Are you seeing this error in a terminal window in GML Commander? If so, what version of Commander are you running?

EDIT: See page 856 of the manual in the link above for info about the different types of memory, and how it is backed up and used.

Last edited:
It's a IMC S Class catalog no. 4100-234 and I'm using GML Commander version 4.03

Every time we power down the program is gone.

Alright, I don't have a manual for that hardware, and didn't find anything good at ab.com.

Next opportunity:

Power down, open the door, remove the bracket holding the cards in place and slide them out very carefullly. Look for a watch type battery that looks like what is used in older PCs.

IIRC, it might be on the power supply board, but it has been a long time.

I also recall that there is a memory protect jumper that can be added, but I might be mixing it up with the Creonics units or the 1394. I do know that the Creonics were more prone to problems with the memory protect jumper removed, but don't recall if this is a separate feature on the S-Class or if it was replaced by the keyswitch. If you can find out where that jumper goes, I don't see much harm in adding one.