Traffic Light excercise

mguzman

I just started to study PLC's and I have to do the ladder for tha traffic light with 2 second delayed some one can explain to me how to do it Thanks:book:

I just started to study PLC's and I have to do the ladder for tha traffic light with 2 second delayed some one can explain to me how to do it Thanks:book:
No offense but this subject comes up at least once a month on this board.
A search will bring up several threads on the subject!

I think Phil and the rest of us would be better off making this one a "Sticky".
Something like "Traffic Light Unlimited"!

No offense but this subject comes up at least once a month on this board.
A search will bring up several threads on the subject!

I think Phil and the rest of us would be better off making this one a "Sticky".
Something like "Traffic Light Unlimited"!

School is in again and 1st homework assignment is due

let me give you an advice first, use function block for the programing. My biggest regret from school is not using function block everything wouldve been much easier then.

As a personal challenge, I have been trying to reduce the instruction count to a minimum, for a fully functional standard crossroads lights setup.

On a ControlLogix, (and will work on other A-B PLCs as well), I have got it down to just 2 instructions, on one rung.

Can't see how I can get rid of one of them though for the ultimate solution !!

As a personal challenge, I have been trying to reduce the instruction count to a minimum, for a fully functional standard crossroads lights setup.

On a ControlLogix, (and will work on other A-B PLCs as well), I have got it down to just 2 instructions, on one rung.

Can't see how I can get rid of one of them though for the ultimate solution !!

How about a traffic light add-on instruction?

I had a similar two rung solution (could have been combined into one rung) back when I did this problem in college. If I recall it was just a TON and SEQ.

Anyway, while it achieved the beauty of a traffic light, my solution really didn't teach me much. The SEQ instruction really isn't all that practical in the real world, I would have preferred to make it "more complicated", a traffic light is a perfect example of "less isn't always better" logic.

Mguzman

As you can see this question is quite frequent. I think much of the humor is directed at the world and not at you.
EXCEPT
Quite often as you did the question comes across tell me how to do it.
We will NOT do your homework for you.
IF you show some effort no matter how screwed up or wrong we will help you
BUT you must show us your efforts.

What bugs me is
why are you paying an instructor and he is obviously not doing his job. You are the employer you pay the tuition he works for you - make him earn your money.

Therefore - your first task is
1. Describe street setup ie 4 way stop.
2. Tell us in words each step of the sequence you think you need.
Please send check for 100 - hell I might as well start charging - at least I deliver something
Dan Bentler