Siemens ET200S failing - Help

rigicon

Hi everyone,
I have some not so new systems (only a few years 3-5) that have problems with the ET200S profinet module-6ES7 151-1AA05-0AB0.
When it started we replaced the profibus cable and connectors. It was a quick fix because it came back the same day. Next we replaced the module problem solved for 3 months then again so we replaced the module and it is still running. As we replace the module the system clears itself of faults and runs automatically.It has to be a faulty module. We now have a similar problem on a different machine and we replaced the cable but the problem hasn't gone away.

Are these modules that sensitive or what could be wrong. In the PLC diagnosis it tells one to replace wiring or module. as there are read and write errors logged.I mean is this some kind of siemens scams replace modules every 3 months.:mad::mad::rolleyes:

Are you sure they are all 6ES7 151-1AA05-0AB0 ?
I have heard that there was a series of 6ES7 151-1AA03-0AB0 that was a bad production run.

If they fail after 3 months, they must be replaced under warranty by Siemens. Of course that does not restore your lost production.

Even if it is the module that faults, it may be caused by something external. Voltage spikes, corrosive atmosphere, or something like that.
Siemens must be able to provide some clue as to where the problem is. If they think if it is caused by the location, they must inform you about what indicates that.

Good point JesperMP this is the new part number 6ES7 151-1AA05-0AB. the old one's I 70% think were 6ES7 151-1AA02-0AB0or rev 2 not rev 5. Mind you the rev 5 hasn't failed yet. If there a way of flashing or upgrading the firmware for these modules.

It is not possible to flash the hardware of siemens like A.B unfortunately as this is a real pain having to re-configure the hardware.

I have installed hundreds of these modules and experienced no problems! Is the environment particularly harsh ....Damp, Dusty or Hot?

M.W (www.ac-sys.co.uk)

No not harsh. Car plant quite clean. manufacture car parts dashboards. foaming and extrusions. no VFD near, no welding. no idea why!!!

These are machines built in germany. The ET200S has dip switch station settings. All we have done is set them the same and replaced them.

Overcurrent I'll check the supply again make sure it is 24VDC. Don't understand the overcurrent you are refering to.
Here is a screen shot of the read/write errors
and a screen shot of the help associated with the error.

S7 400 fault.jpg S7 400 fault-help.jpg

Right the DIP switches have to be set the same, to give the module its profibus adress.

When the module is no longer avaliable what are the LED's doing on the module?

My first thought would be to put an in-line fuses to the modules and see if they pull too much current (blown fuse) under any circumstances especially if sensors or actuators are wired in series?

M.W