question about wire size need help asap

joeparrish

Ok I know this is not the place to really ask this but.

I need to know if 2 0/1 wires are the same as one 300 or 350 cmc wire?

We need wire that I can pull max draw of 280 amps 3 phase.

I am just asking if this wire would work becouse 1 0/1 wire is 150 amps does that mean 2 is 300 amps?

If this is to be inspected you better have the wire size and all the deductions correct or the inspector will not buy it.

If you get it wrong start a fire and then claim your insurance may not allow cause you did not do it right.

Yes you can parallel conductors - very commonly done with larger current and with real large current is the only option.
I would have to look it up in a wire table such as those in NEC.

Dan Bentler

Echo Dan's response but there are a lot of "gotchas" when sizing wire: Is temperature derating required? Are you running all six wires in the same conduit - if so they are derate by 0.8, and so on.

If you are not familiar with wire sizing/ NEC requirements/ etc., find someone who is or you may be creating a future safety problem that can kill someone. 280 A of 460V can make a heck of a fireball when the copper melts, seen it happen and lived to tell about it (no, somebody else screwed up on the motor protection system and I was just a poor PLC coder that energized the motor contactor six feet away from the motor terminals. Ears still ring at times.)