Interference

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI TO ALL
I have a maple systems 530t HMI that is connected with a SLC 5/04 processor via a comunication cable. Trouble is the enclosure that the hmi is in collects a lot of moisture. I want to place a heater inside and i'm wordering if this may cause some type of interference between the hmi and the plc, if i run the two cables together, in the same pipe. The heater is a 120 volt 100 watt. The distance between the plc and hmi is aprox. 15 feet. Also I have a 24 vdc running in the same pipe to power the HMI. The comunication cable is shielded.

Thank You.

Since your AC load is very small, you could run the power in a shielded cable also. I've done that and have found that the only time I've seen any "noise" is just when the heater shuts off. Of course, it's best to run them in seperate conduits. Might want to check code for your area. I wouldn't recommended it. It's not a very good idea. Any fault in the cables could blow your HMI.

Ok So running thw heater power wires in a seperate shielded cable but in the same pipe would be ok??