Programming Allen Bradley SLC 503

rdredge

Hi guys,

I need to Programming an Allen Bradley SLC 503. There is a DF1(232)port and a DH485 port. I know that the 232 is usually used for programming, but is it possible toi use the 485 port? If so would anybody have the wiring diagram for both the 232 and the 485 cables?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need to Programming an Allen Bradley SLC 503. There is a DF1(232)port and a DH485 port. I know that the 232 is usually used for programming, but is it possible toi use the 485 port? If so would anybody have the wiring diagram for both the 232 and the 485 cables?

Thanks

Yes you can program thru the DH485 port.
To connect thru the RS232 port you need a null-modem cable. (see pdf below). All you need is pins 2,3 and 5 the other pins are for hand shacking.
For the DH485 port you will need some extra hardware. This depends on weather or not your computer has a real serial port or not. The best device is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)
Again see pdf below for DH485 connections.

Last edited:
Very nice PDF's.. in all my google searches I had not seen those DH485 schematics. thanks for posting.