Ultra3000 to micrologix1500

lacruth

Hello everybody!!

I need to communicate a ultra3000 servo with a micrologix1500,
anybody knows the way to do that?
I mean if it is possible, where could i find inf. About
(cable pinout,comm. Settings,etc.)

It is possible to directly connect a Micro to an Ultra3000 drive using RS232 or 485, but the protocol is ASCII which will require a lot of programming on your part in order to change drive parameters from the PLC. A much easier route would be to use an intermediate device which can handle all of that for you. I have used the Red Lion G3/Datastation for this task with good results.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon all, We have a carton machine with 7 Ultra3000 sercos drives controlling various servo motors. From what I understand, It has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an issue with one Ultra3000 servo drive. I command an 1326AB-B520E-S2L motor and after 30 min the drive goes to fault with the E22...
Replies
Views
Ok so first allow me to bow my head and say I'm a retired mechanical engineer and while I still have a few brain cells left there is something I...
Replies
Views
Anyone know what might cause this? All my other drives are working fine except this one. Sometimes I can start the drive, it'll run fur 5 seconds...
Replies
Views
Hey all, For a school project I've been tasked with getting a ControlLogix, Ultra3000 and some servos that were donated up and running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom