Help With Belden Cables

The Plc Kid

I am trying to get part numbers for belden cables for stock. one for analog wiring and one for encoder wiring.

We have a lot of belden 8104 which is 24awg and 8 conductors but it just has foil and not a braided shield what is another belden cable that you guys use for encoder wiring that may be shielded.

Also there is a belden # for analog cables that was listed in the manuals on some old slc analog i/o cards but i donot have an old manual that has it listed and all the manuals online don't seem to list it. Anyone know that belden # by heart?

Actually, for encoders, we just use Belden 9728, which 4 pair, each pair 100% foil shielded with drain wire, low capacitance cable.

There really isn't much need for a braided shield really, except to have something difficult to work with.

For general purpose, two wire connections, we use a Belden 8451.