Hmi/scada

peoplehouse

I'm really sorry to bore you all with this question, but I'm just not quite understanding the difference of HMI and SCADA. I understand that software changes but isn't still just a "MAN MACHINE INTERFACE?"

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] SCADA
(Supervisory Control and Data Adquisition) Is a Computer o severals (Server and Client)

HMI
(Human Machine Interface) Is a OP / TP ...

I hope this help you

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The terms often get used interchangeably - their scope overlapping more and more. MMI is older, with HMI the more modern/politically correct term.

SCADA is more of a distributed system, HMIs more often referring to control terminals, but they're all blending together.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm working on a machine retrofit project, and am looking for recommendations for HMI/SCADA software. I've used C-More and Horner HMIs...
Replies
Views
We currently use GMail accounts for sending email alarms from quite a few HMI projects. Specifically C-More HMIs and AVEVA Edge runtimes. To...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Am I old school? Now networks are getting vey fast are you directly addressing tags in the PLC or do you create a dedicated HMI/Scada memory area...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I want program a aggregate Scada/HMI, i read the manual but i didn't understand well. Does any one know how to get a value from the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone: Has anyone used "FAS-inMOVE Operation & Monitoring – Visualization" from INRAY INDUSTRIE SOFTWARE ?. Any experience, any comment...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom