ICOM to RS5000 conversion

HAROLD

I found in my archive an old PLC5/11 program that was created using ICOM software which I no longer have access to. Is there any way I can import it to RS5000 or is my only option to upload from the functioning PLC and work without the benefit of comments and such?
Thanks for any input

There is a "conversion" utility that comes with RSLogix 5000 that will convert about 80% of the ladder code from a PLC-5 into an RSLogix 5000 format. I don't think it qualifies as "import", but it's a lot better than typing by hand.

This utility requires an exported ladder file and an exported description file from 6200-PLC5, AI-5 or RSLogix 5 software.

Any A-B distributor can do this for you, as can RA Technical Support. Forum users are generally happy to assist as well; many of us have PLC software that we still use for exactly this sort of thing.

Thanks Eddie

I found a translate utility but it looks for a .txt file that doesnt exist.
Before we get too caried away can you tell me if what I found is in fact what I think it is.
Some of the larger files in my folder have extensions: .DSI .DSC .ADR .CFG .X5 .SYM
Are these in fact ICOM type files and do I need the ICOM software to create the export file that RS logix 5000 is looking for.

Harold

RSLogix5 should be able to open the .X5 file you have. The other files are needed too, but that is the main one that the software looks for.

Once you have it in RSLogix5, you can save it out as the .PC5 file that RSLogix5000 wants to translate.

BTW, AI-5 is ICOM for the PLC5.

Those sound like the right ICOM extension.

If you don't have RSLogix-5 then zip the files and post it. Someone here can convert it to a PC5 file for you.