Wincc Flex Structures

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a DB made up of an array of UDT's (Say DB1, UDT1)

In WinCC I have created a structure the same as UDT1 (Say Struct1)

In WinCC I have made a faceplate and used a category of type Struct1

So far so good, but if I use the faceplate on a screen it shows "DB1.UDT1" as invalid for the property when I try and assign the property to the structure using the PLC datablock picklist/dropdown.

An ideas? (WinCC Flex 2008 SP1 HF2)

Im gonna look into multiplexed tags instead.. any good tips appreciated

Im gonna look into multiplexed tags
I don't use them but I think that is what you need. I think they have some good examples in the "Getting started with WinCC Flex". You should be able to find a link to it on here if you can't find it from the Siemens site.

Thanks Charles

Although WInCC is pretty good I am missing some features from flow blown SCADA that I am used to. Doesnt help I am trialling Inductive Automation too so my brain gets a bit overheated lol

Cheers

Thanks Charles

Although WInCC is pretty good I am missing some features from flow blown SCADA that I am used to. Doesnt help I am trialling Inductive Automation too so my brain gets a bit overheated lol

Cheers

Trust me, once you get the hang of IA, you'll never look back. I can't even tell you how much money I've saved just in development time by going this route.