convert string to real

jimcav

I have a string '+0022.345' that i am getting from the serial port the number will be positive or negative that i need to work with can someone let me know how to get this in a real format such as 22.345 or -6.876.

thank much
jim cav

There is the FC39 STRNG_R block. Unfortunately the string MUST be formatted as
±v.nnnnnnnE±xx
where
± Sign
v 1 digit before the decimal point
n 7 digits after the decimal point
x 2 exponential digits

So I think you may have to write your own parser.
This is not sooo difficult if you have SCL.
Does the formatting change to scientific notation if the values exceed certain limits ?

I think this has been discussed before. Maybe someone has already found a solution. (that is anothe way of saying "use the search function").

It just dawned on me that you never said which PLC it is.
First I apologise if it is not an S7 PLC. In that case ignore my first post.
And anyway ... ALWAYS STATE THE PLC TYPE AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE PROBLEM.