need to know

Reread (or read) your assignment jackie.
You should also go and ask your mom to explain what the word please means.

A discrete signal is judicious in its conduct or speech, esp. with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect. An analog signal is related to food made from vegetable matter, esp. soybeans, that has been processed to taste and look like another food, as meat or dairy, and is used as a substitute for it.

Jackie - In case you haven't figure it out we get a lot of student's questions which are obviously answerable by looking at their textbooks or with 30 seconds research on Google. The people here WILL respond when it is shown that a reasonable amount of work has been put in. If you are not a student (even with the misspelling of analog) then accept our apologies for that assumption but for this basic a question the response would probably be the same to anyone.

Research the question a little. Come back with a statement of your understanding for any corrections or guidance.

A discrete signal is judicious in its conduct or speech, esp. with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect. An analog signal is related to food made from vegetable matter, esp. soybeans, that has been processed to taste and look like another food, as meat or dairy, and is used as a substitute for it.

Ho Hum.. I thought a discrete signal was the nod of the head or the raising of a finger to signal to an auctioneer you wish to bid but don't want other bidders to identify you.

er....

An alog signal would be to arrange branches of a tree to spell the word "Help" if you were marooned on a desert island.

Hey.. what a great idea... if the original poster actually uses my answers!!!

All right you guys stop picking on him.

Jackie at the top of the web page Mr Melrose has a PLC basics tutorial. Try that for your definition.
You dont have a set of definitions in your textbook?

You could also try Google search - Wikipedia may have good definitions.

Dan Bentler

Ho Hum.. I thought a discrete signal was the nod of the head or the raising of a finger to signal to an auctioneer you wish to bid but don't want other bidders to identify you.

er....

An alog signal would be to arrange branches of a tree to spell the word "Help" if you were marooned on a desert island.

Hey.. what a great idea... if the original poster actually uses my answers!!!

describe difference between discrete and anolog signal

I believe that OP actually spelt it correctly but inadvertently left out spaces what they were trying to say was
A NO LOG in which case Markie your answer is incorrect it should read.."
A a no log signal would be to spell the word "Help" if you were marooned on a desert island. WITHOUT the use of the branches of a tree"

A no log signal would be
sent to the sawyer because there is no log - I suppose he may get the idea anyway.
Or it could be a non recordable incident.
OR it could be an erroneous piece of data and not to be recorded.

If there is a dis crete then what the heck is a dat crete?

Dan Bentler