Micrologix 1000 over AIC to SLC 5/03

spaceacealpha

Hello, I'm trying to connect a ML1000 Analog to a 1761-NET-AIC and running a 485 cable over to a SLC 5/03's 1761-AIC. I'm using the Micrologix as a thru-gate for analog information from a Keyence Laser over to the 5/03. However, the most I ever did with 485 networks is gut them and replace with DH+.

I hooked up all the wiring and the jumpers according to the manual. I first hooked up the 5/03's AIC and attached my laptop to its 485 port with a PIC and I could see my 5/03 through it. I looked at the NET-AIC on the ML1000 side and it's lit up like a christmas tree. I hook up the ML1000 with the specified cable and I lose the 5/03 completely and never see the ML1000. So I went to the NET-AIC side and unhooked the 485 to the SLC, attached my DF1 cable and start talking fine through the NET-AIC to the ML1000. I set up the ML1000 to node 2 DH485 at 19.2k but the DF1 port is saying its node 1 at 9.6k. Also I have S:0/10 set to 1. Can someone tell me how to set these things up right?

How are you connecting to the SLC5/03? Are you using its sreial port configure for DH485 or its DH485 port?

See pictures and PDF below for channel configuration setting and network hook up. Note all have different nodes addresses and the same baud rate.

SLCDH485ChannelConfig.jpg Ml1000ChannelConfig.jpg RSLinxChannelConfig.jpg

Attachments

• Network.pdf
    69.6 KB · Views: 41
I've got the 5/03 attached to the 1761-AIC via DH485 port 0. Port 1 is also set up to 485 but its going to a PV900. My settings match what your pics show. I found that I can set the 5/03 address to node 3 and connect everything without dropping the 5/03. This is a step in the right direction. I look at the NET-AIC and its only TX through Port 1 and Port 3 while the 485 port TX remains off. So that's got to mean the issue is centered around the ML1000 Analog unit?

Series 'a' Analog.

Another update: I got two laptops out and hooked up: one to the SLC 5/03 AIC and another to the ML1000 AIC. I setup both to PIC and with the 485 trunk disconnected, I can see each respective PLC over its AIC but when I connect the trunk, the ML1000 comm goes out and my RSLinx loses the node. The SLC 5/03 goes out momentarily but returns. I'm wondering if I got a trunk cable issue, so I'm in the process of running an external test line. One laptop is set up to node 0 and the other at node 31.

See picture below. It say series C for network. I'm not sure if this means a series "A" will not work. But it seems to indicate that. Hopefully the AB experts will check in to clarify that.

SeriesC_Ml1000.jpg

Mickey said:
See picture below. It say series C for network. I'm not sure if this means a series "A" will not work. But it seems to indicate that. Hopefully the AB experts will check in to clarify that.

His is an analog unit. It says all analog units should work.

Does your laptop(s) have a unique node ID number?

Nailed it! I got to wondering why I couldn't see the other nodes on the other side of my trunk even with the ML1000 disconnected. I moved the temp cable run to another 1761-AIC and it talked fine, Put it all back together with a replacement, tested AIC and it quit. Low and behold the last connection I made was the 1st laptop I hooked up, I unhooked it and the network was alive again. I had that thing hooked up all day! Apparently the 485 network doesn't like the 1747-PIC I have on the laptop. I'm used to dealing with DH485 over PMCK card so the 1747-PIC is a new thing to me. Both laptops had unique addresses so I don't think it was a conflict. Now to figure out how to transfer data over, yippie!

Good to hear you got it working. And thanks for getting back to tell your solution. Read about message instruction. And come back if you have questions. Best to start a new thread for different issues.