Different IP Address

vel.s

Hi everybody,
This is the common problem that each and every programmer facing with their PG.
Normally we will have to connect to the different ethernet devices with different IP addresses.
Is there any Free software so that we can configure once all the IP addresses and can select the PG IP through the software single click instead of all times going to the lan settings and changing the IP which is long tidious process

I've used both the "multihoming" method shown near the bottom of Mickey's link, and the "Alternate Private IP" Address, but ultimately just ended up with two NIC cards.

This is probably obvious advice, but if you use a laptop with a dock, plug the USB to Ethernet jack into the dock and connect that to your company network, and set up the built-in NIC to the IPs needed for the factory floor, that way when you take your laptop onto the factory floor you don't have to carry extra hardware.

I have the same problems as the OP.I have a wireless router and some bridges for connecting to equipment when troubleshooting. I wanted to know if you could use the router and make a routing table to pass data to all the different networks?

I have two batch files I use. If they are of interest to you, edit them as needed and save them with the extension BAT.

Restore DHCP:

@echo off
@path=C:\Windows\System32\;C:\Windows\System32\WBEM
@netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp

Set IP to 192.168.1.199:

@echo off
@path=C:\Windows\System32\;C:\Windows\System32\WBEM
@netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.199 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 1