Service Pack for RSLogix500

josesaucedo

Hello my friends.
Can anybody give a hand on this?
I have the rslogix 500 version 5.00.00 and i want to install it in my lop top. When its during installation, a pop up comes to tell that this product requires service pack 4 on windows NT 4.0 systems.
Does it means I have to upgrade to service pack 4? In my computer is installed service 2.

Thank you.

Version 5 of RSLogix 500 came out about the year 2000, I believe its now up to Ver 9

If you are using only Micro Logix 1000 or 1100, there is a free copy of an up to date version from the Rockwell site.

It's likely that the O.P. has Windows XP Service Pack 2, not Windows NT Service Pack 2.

RSLogix 500 version 5.0 was released about 9 years ago, and did not support Windows XP, so when it checks the Windows operating system it guesses (incorrectly) that XP is actually NT4.

The correct solution to this problem is to install a more recent, preferably current, revision of RSLogix 500.

As Eddie said though......the installer message is referring to Windows NT. Not Windows 2000 and certainly not XP. RSLogix500 version 5 was not aware of Windows XP.

Jose, you need a newer version of RSLogix. The current version is 8.10. If you can get your hands on RSLogix version 6.0 or newer then you will be able to use it with your copy of Windows XP.

Our original poster, josesaucedo, is not likely running Windows NT SP2 which came out in 1996. Windows NT support from Microsoft ended almost five years ago.

Of course, I could be wrong. If I am, I blame Eddie!

OG

Last edited: