FP-OPC (Panasonic OPC server) with RSLinx Gateway

No need to route through RSLinx just go direct from FP-OPC server to the RSView. I don't think 2 OPC server can be connected together, server and only connect to multiple clients. In your case RSView is your OPC client while both FP-OPC and RSLinx Gateway are the OPC servers.

Thank you (y)
but i have another one question
In RSView i can't view the tags in the server(FP OPC)
when i open tag database, channel and device appear but i can't find tags which in the device that server show

I think it is the setting with your OPC server. Could you post the screen capture of your FP-OPC setting and the RSView communication setting.

Here I'll demonstrate connection with the KepServer OPC Server (use as a Modbus Master).
Then in the RSView 32, I add the OPC Server for the KepServer OPC Server.
Lastly I add a numeric display for testing. When I link my numeric display to the KepServer I select "Show Server Name" to view the OPC Server I just configured.
Then I go to the target OPC Server and found all my data just as I'd configured in the KepServer OPC server.

50704-01.gif 50704-02.gif 50704-03.gif 50704-04.gif 50704-05.gif

Last edited:
Thank you (y)
but i have another one question
In RSView i can't view the tags in the server(FP OPC)
when i open tag database, channel and device appear but i can't find tags which in the device that server show

SA Mohamad,

I'd use an OPC client for test (e.g. Matrikon or NI) to check that it can browse the FP OPC server, if it can, then the problem is in the OPC server not in the SCADA software.

Regards