Robotic Car

hsroomi

Hi guys...
As per our boss instruction, we have to design a robotic car (Trolly) for loading and unloading in industrial environment.. it must be PLC controlled and will used to load a material, move along with the defined track and unload the material to the destination... we have started working on it, the controlling of a car is not a issue but the problem we are facing is that how can we communicate the car through wireless on that track.. if we will go on RFID transmitter and receivers, then how would will we interface it with plc... i am very much confused how to do dis... is there any other idea?
Any help would be highly appreciated...
Thankx

Last edited:
I assume you want to do radio because of track length. If length is less than 100' or so I would consider hard wiring using a festoon.

Railroads are controlling yard engines with radio and cranes are controlled with radio so it can be done for sure. How you interface radio transeiver with PLC I am not sure.

Search on radio crane control. there was a post including video of a similar setup.

Dan Bentler

Doing a job With RF Id, easy the controller in our case gives us a binary code which we wire direct to the PLC. This is converted to an integer and a couse of action is programmed.