Connecting an MP377 to a Domain

Marshy

I'm trying to connect an MP377 to our company network so that we can log the alarms to a server.
I'm following the procedure in section 8.4 of the MP377 equpment manual.
I've got as far as setting up the IP address/DNS/WINS etc and can ping the server using its name from the command prompt. So I'm happy that side of things are ok.
The problem I'm having is getting access to a share on the server that I've created.
In the control panel I've entered the domain, username and password. After I've entered the password it dissapears? Is this normal?
Our IT dept have set the min password length to 10 characters in the manual it says the maximum length is 8. Is there a workaround for this? e.g. creating a local user on the server?

Any help appreciated
Cheers

I created the local user on the server and it worked :eek:)

I did think it should work but when I tried it last week it didn't. Must of messed up somewhere?

New problem...

The MP370 is now on a different subnet to the PC I need it to connect to. Now I'm unable to connect to the share on the PC?

Am I right in saying that because WinCE uses the non-routable protocol NetBeui this is never going to work?

Does anyone know of a work around for this?

Cheers

Hi Jesper!
Thanks for the reply,
I'm pretty confident I've set up the MP377 correctly because I'm able to ping the remote PC I'm trying to connect to by its name from the command prompt.
However when I try 'Net view pcname' i get a 'command failed status 53' message? status 53 is "network path not found"