HSC on CompactLogix L23E QBFC1B

has anyone worked with the high speed counter on CompactLogix L23E QBFC1B? ive been surfing the forums and the manufacturers page but i cant find a single program that uses this. ive been given the task to make it count the impulses from a a quadrature encoder so i wired it up as the pdf said http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/iasimp-qs010_-en-p.pdf

when i switch to run mode and look at the control tags i can see the state of the inputs change but the current count remains 0

if anyone has any experience with this please share it

Alex I have the same PAC connecting to NPN OPen collector pickup, need assitance also. I understand that the L23 has no rate (or RPM) feature. gOOD LuCK IF i HERE ANYTHING OR FIGURE IT OUT I WILL REPLY.