Increment a data file element

riouxhugo

Hello,

Is there a simple way to increment a data file element using a SLC5/05.

The idea is to store, at each increment, the result of a computation like the following in N97:0:

i = 0

CPT
Dest N97:0
Expression 1 / (N97:i / 3600)

i = i + 1

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

H

I believe you are looking for indirect addressing. Something like this?

'i = N10:0

<insert your conditions here> CLR N10:0

CPT
Dest N97:0
Expression (1|(N97:[N10:0]|3600))

ADD
Source A 1
Source B N10:0
Dest N10:0

I don't suggest looping to perform the entire range of i in a single scan unless that range is very short or the process requires that the whole operation be done at once.

I don't know if the CPT function optomizes its operation but you may consider rewriting your expression as

3600 | N97:[N10:0]

unless you intend the truncation which may result in the "/ 3600" operation