O.T. Handle Users and Passwords

magicsmoke

:eek:fftop:How do most people handle there users and password to access paramaters through a panel view plus is it through the panel view or though the plc do you standardize you passwords?
Do you keep a log of who logged in?

Just recently we had a machine down for 4 hours because some one change a function in the pv+ in a password protected screen no one well admit they did it. And everyone is pointing fingers so I have to come up with a better idea to keep record of people accessing the password protected screens.

Maybe barcode scanner to scan there time badge before entering the password protected screens and keeping a log of it.

Ugh.
So your place practices finger-pointing and the MarvelousMagicalProgrammingSolution to all problems?

PV Plus's really aren't that secure. Even SE isn't really that secure. Enter a login once, somebody with sharp eyes has seen it.

Two solutions:
1) Just remove the ability to make damaging changes from the PV in the first place; Perhaps have a "Master" PV application running on a spare one locked in an office.
2) Put a camera (even a dummy one) with a red light looking at the PV. (And then, put a real camera, hidden somewhere, so you can see who is covering up/disabling/spraypainting the fake one).