PLC Omron question

jimq1980

hey, any of you got an idea on how to connect an ARM7 to PLC OMrn CP1L-L14 for ARM to command (stop, start, speed , i.e. for a belt) using a serial connection.

If you had a LD (regarding the rs 23 2 connction) implemented in CX-P i would really appreciate it.
I ask this because for a week or so, i am dealing only w/ lack of success

thx guys

If the ARM7 has Modbus RTU slave implementation use Modbos Easy Master.

follow-up

It ought to be connected using RS232c given the fact that I would need modibus drivers for the arm, which i do not have

I have managed to write the LD however it seems not to see my serial connection (the cable is correctly jacked - verified, and the steps form the operation manual have been followed rigurously), even when I opt for the auto scan ("binocular").

Can you give me some suggestions.

I was told I could connect it digitally using 2 wires (is this counterindicated, adn if not how do i procede?)

thanks

If you are using RS232 communication, it requires 3 wires,
RXD(RD), TXD(SD) and SG(signal ground).

On the Omron side you will need to jumper RTS and CTS.

Make sure you change the "Settings" for the port to RS232/
No protocol mode, and have the parameters set to match your device. Make sure to cycle power after you download the settings.

Hope this will help.