On a S7-300, how do you use the clock

Use one of the special OB's. Go to the HW-configuration and activate the OB, think it is called 'time-of-day'. Sorry, but I do not remember the OB-number.

Then program the reaction of the OB. The OB will run automatically, no need to call it in OB1. Send it to the cpu. But watch out the 'time-of-day'-OB is only one cyclus active.

Another posibility is to use System function (Get system time) and data type Time of day ... and easy comparator.

You should use system function "READ_CLK" (I dont know number), the output from it is data type DATE&TIME (you can put it to temporary).
After that you have to use "DT_TOD" (it like Date&Time to Time of day converter) so the input is DATE&TIME and output TIME_of_DAY.
After that comprataror IF TIME_of_DAY > TOD#8:0:0.0 (constant of TOD) = deaktivate output !

Here's an example project that allows you set up 16 different TOD's in a DB. As each TOD is reached , a bit in the DB comes on for one scan which you can then use to turn things off/on etc. I've simply used a counter in my example for test purposes.