Basist Ladder Scructer Problem

kevilay

Hello Ive ran into this problem a few times wondering if there is a way around it. I have 2 inputs and I want each of the to turn on the same output and shut it off very quicky. Heres a better understanding.

I:0/0
O:3/0
I:0/1

When either of this inputs are on briefly turn the output on then off again while the input is held on

The problem Im running into is when one input is held on I have to be able to use the other input to trigger the output again rather then just hold it on.

Thanks
Kevin

On a rung place one input as an enable for a timer with the preset as the brief amount of ON time.

Make another rung for the other input and its own timer.

On a third rung place in parallel the 'TT' bits from the timers. Place your output as an OTE.

On a rung place one input as an enable for a timer with the preset as the brief amount of ON time.

Make another rung for the other input and its own timer.

On a third rung place in parallel the 'TT' bits from the timers. Place your output as an OTE.

Oh why didnt I think of that. That makes sence, whats an OTE ?

An OTE is the standard output instruction usually shown as

---( )---

If the input is held on the timer will go through its TT (timing) cycle only once until released and restarted. There won't be blinking.

Note that if both inputs are pressed within the preset time of each other you will have jsut one longer output pulse.

Two_Input.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ive never seen a TT command before, Ive always used the T EN bit. Wish my teacher would have showed me that. Thanks alot. Does that TT bit shut off when the timer reaches the DN bit?

Kevin

TT equals EN and Not DN

As you go through your PLC career make sure to check out which items are available on any given PLC. This is Allen Bradley nomenclature. Not all PLCs have these bits. Most have a bit equal to the DN bit. Other bits may have to be derived by logic.

Last edited:
thanks, lol i just realized i put basist ladder scructer problem, guess thats what happens when u post first thing in the morning