S7-200 PPI set to 187.5kb how to get back?

Doug_Adam

Hi everyone,

We have an S7-200 PLC with both PPI ports set to 187.5kbps. None of our programming adaptors will run at this speed. Does anyone know of an easy way to get the ports back to 9600bps?

I am ringing around at the moment to see if anyone locally has a good cable, but any help from the forum will be welcome.

The PLC is an S7-200 226.

Thanks,

Doug Adam

Thinking 'outside the box'. Programme another s7-226 with ports set to 9600 baud, copy the programme to an eeprom memory cartridge. Put the memory cartridge into the old PLC and cycle the power, the new programme will, I think take precedence over the on board one. Down side is that you will loose the existing programme.

Bryan

As it turns out, I managed to get out of this problem, with helpful tips from a local Siemens sales guy.
I also found a cable that would communicate at 187.5kbps (we actually had one that we didn't know about). However, the comms was not reliable enough to get the program in the PLC, it would drop out after loading 15% of the program.
I ended up downloading a new, empty program, with only comms port settings. This downloaded quick enough, before the problem came up. I could then download the program I wanted, and not it is all working correctly.
Thanks Bryan G, even though I didn't use your solution, I think I will look at keeping it available in case we need to do some recovery later.