Indirect Addressing - wildcatherder's ML1400 Issue

kamenges

wildcatherder arrived at a satisfactory resolution to his question in this thread. I'm just not sure how since nothing was ever really resolved. So, based on his recommendation I am starting a new thread.

wildcatherder's assertion is that an indirect reference of N7:[R6:0.POS] "doesn't work" on his ML 1400. That's all we know at this point. Since this has worked on the platforms I have used (I have never used a ML 1400) I am curious what doesn't work. To that end:

When you tried this, what happened? Would the rung not validate? Did it validate but fault the processor when you loaded the program? Did it validate and run but return a value inconsistent with what you believed to be in the address referenced by R6:0.pos? If the last is the case could you determine the address it WAS pointing to?

Also, did you try to dereference using R6:0.2 instead of R6:0.POS?

Keith

The question I have about his other thread is which (see example below)rung did he try to do.
To me rung zero below would not give the intended results ( whatever they are) because the control (R6:0) would over write the .POS number the next scan.(or next time it incremented)
Rung One should work just fine.

Both rungs verified without errors, in my offline program. I don't have a ML1400 to download to.

Noerrors.jpg

Last edited: