Connecting a ML1100 to a PV300

spaceacealpha

Both seem to share DH485 architecture. I'm planning on the 2711-K3A2L1 which has the direct DH485 and not the other which has the DH485 over RS232. These should connect right up without a AIC correct? What cable can I use? Can I go with a 1761-CBL-PM02?

Thanks!

I think the best way would be to start with the 1763-NC01 cable. This provides screw-terminal connections to the RS485 isolated port in that round mini-DIN connector on the MIcroLogix 1100.

It's used for DF1, Modbus, and DH485 connections to the MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers and should never be connected to the MicroLogix 1000, 1200, or 1500 because it will connect to the power pins on Channel 0.

I would then build a cable to go from the RJ45 connector on the PanelView to the 1763-NC01 screw terminals. You should only need Data A, Data B, and Common. This will functionally be the same as the 1761-CBL-AS03/AS09 cable, whose pinout can be found in the RA Knowledgebae:

Small RJ45 Pin Wire Color Function Phoenix Connector

1 Blue Data B B
2 White/Blue Data A A
4 White/Orange Data COM COM
7 Orange Data COM COM

In theory, you could build a cable directly from the MicroLogix 1100 Channel 0 port to the 2711-K3A2L1, but the Mini-DIN connectors are difficult to procure and fabricate.

I would go with the AIC+. This gives you the ability to program or monitor the ML1100 or PV without disconnecting. Also you don't have to make up a special cable. See picture below

WithAIC.jpg

Mickey doesn't the 1100 have a warning on the side of them to not connect the to an AIC+. I have 1 in the shop but it is to late to get up off my backside. I will check the one I have at work in the morning.

Mickey doesn't the 1100 have a warning on the side of them to not connect the to an AIC+. I have 1 in the shop but it is to late to get up off my backside. I will check the one I have at work in the morning.

Maybe this is what you are thinking of.
It does not say you can't. It does say you don't have to in some cases. I don't have one to look at so don't know what it might say on its side.
See picture below, also the pic above is from the ML1100 manual.

Youcanifyouwantto.jpg

Last edited:
Mickey
I was WRONG it says don't connect it to a 1747-DPS1 or directly to any other Micrologix.

I knew I had seen a warning but couldn't remember what it said.

Mickey
I was WRONG it says don't connect it to a 1747-DPS1 or directly to any other Micrologix.

I knew I had seen a warning but couldn't remember what it said.

See picture below for an excert from the manual. It seems to only apply to one cable (1761-CBL-AM00 and probaly the 1761-CBL-HM02 (but it does not say that)

ML1100Conn.jpg

Attachments

• PIN-OUT FOR THE 1761-CBL-AM00, 1761-CBL-HM02 AND THE 1761-CBL-PM02 CABLES.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: