ML 1200/1500 Programming Cable

allscott

I just received a machine with a mircrologix 1200 PLC in it. I went to connect to it using the cable that I have been using for the 1500 1761-clb-pm02, the right angle version.

This should be the right cable for the 1200 as well but it doesn't fit. The socket is the same but the connector body is too big to fit.

Has anyone else run across this? I'm about to take a knive to the cable I have to trim it to make it fit.

Or am I completely out to lunch. :)

When the MicroLogix 1200 came out with the recessed port (much more secure and snug), RA changed that molded connector and called the cables "Series C" hardware. That's been 7 or 8 years, I think.

I have done exactly what you plan to; carefully shave down the strain relief and plug the old cable right in. I'm looking at one right now where the cable manufacturing date is 1997, and it works fine.

Thanks Ken, I figured it must have something to do with the 1200 being newer then my cable, my cable was made in 99 and labeled series B.